Take special precautions when receiving food at a restaurant or from a delivery person.
As we all know by now, we need to stay home. Indianhead Facebook users are talking about coloring our driveways with chalk as one fun thing we can do. In Italy, people are singing from their windows and porches to each other. The following is information about getting food from a few local restaurants. Since most situations are very fluid these days, always call ahead before assuming service is available and that there are no changes to the menu or ordering procedures.
Having done all of the above, now relax and enjoy your meal and the wonderful Tallahassee weather.
- Do not touch employees’ hands or pass a credit card back and forth.
- Pay on-line or on the phone when placing orders.
- If the restaurant uses a card-reader machine, wear disposable gloves when touching it.
- Before touching the food container, spray the box or bag with a mild bleach solution (4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water) or commercial disinfectant (see CDC list of EPA approved commercial disinfectants).
- Stay away from other people at all times, a minimum of three feet.
- Wash your hands when you get home if you are doing take out instead of using a delivery company.
A partial list of nearby restaurants and how to get food from them:
Curb side pickup
Little Italy 878-7781
Curbside pickup 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Olive Garden 878-2949
In-person pick up
Uncle Maddio’s 765-2875