CORONAVIRUS - A Scammer’s Dream
There is nothing like a world-wide health crisis to bring out the underbelly of society. Now there are fake miracle cures and a proliferation of scam artists trying to profit off coronavirus. Please do not leap into their arms. And be aware that the over-65 crowd is a prime target.
Things to remember about Medicare:
- Medicare will never contact you for your Medicare number or other personal information unless you’ve given them permission in advance.
- Medicare will never call to sell you anything.
- You may get calls from people promising you things if you give them a Medicare umber. Don’t do it.
- Medicare will never visit you at your home.
- Medicare can’t enroll you over the phone unless you called first.
The following are excellent web pages about scams:
And last but not least, if your grandchildren call needing money because of a crisis, CALL THEM BACK OR CALL THEIR PARENTS!